Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Shortness of breath

As we approach our seventh month of pregnancy, we experience shortness of breath. The expension of uterus limits the lungs ability to expand with each breath.Here are methods for you to breath easily.

1.Change position when you feel breathless.
2.Listen to your body signals. Slow down when you feel breathless after walking up stairs etc.
3.Experiment your sleeping position. I prop some pillows so that I can breath easily. But I also notice that I sleep easily when I am super tired.
4.Practise breathing. Try to stand up with your hand to the side. Take long slow long breaths rather than short panting.Hand up while inhaling and down when exhaling.
5.Seek medical help. If you experience anything to sudden that doesn't subside, get medical assistant. Your blood might clot on your lungs, rare, but could happen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment