Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Weight gain during pregnancy

Weight gain during pregnancy is unavoidable. It also doesn't mean that you could eat anything and everything because you are eating for two. You may have an increase in appetite or not at all. The important thing is to eat healthily for you and your child. 
The weight gain is important for your baby's growth. Exercise and eat well may help you to shed your extra weight faster after your delivery.Everyone needs to put on weight differently during their pregnancy due to their pre pregnancy weight.As for me I am underweight, therefore,I need to put extra kilos on to support my baby's development. The minimum weight I have to gain is 12-18 kilos. (My last pregnancy I put on 24kg!)
Check with your doctor on the right weight for you. If you have small bone structure, putting too much might burden your body.
Those who weigh more do not need to gain that much. Some of my bigger friends don't even look like their pregnant because all they need to put on is about 5kg. Some of you are really worried about not shedding off the few kilos. Don't worry, your baby will make sure that you'll lose them because you'll be quite hectic handling you little bundle of joy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment