Sunday, November 29, 2009

How to sleep during pregnancy

As your tummy starts to get bigger and into the 3rd trimester, you will find it difficult to get a restful shut eye, plus the constant awakening of having to go to the bathroom at night.

I find that these methods helps me to sleep a little better :
  • Lie on your left and don't lie flat on your back. This helps blood flow to your fetus, uterus and kidney.
  • Nap during day time. My naps in the afternoons helps to cover the restless nights and having raccoon eyes.
  • Put pillows behind your back or under tummy. the support would allow you to relax.
  • get into a routine. stretches,swimming, yoga would help you for your birth and rest well.
  • Cooler room temperature. If you live in a tropical country like me, the air cond is a life saver. It really helps me sleep!if you experience winter, i suppose make sure you have the right temperature that would help you sleep.
  • Sleep at the same time. Doesn't work for me. I sleep when i am really sleepy, and this helps me to sleep longer.but a lot of articles that i read says its better for you to keep a routine and sleep about the same time. i wish!
  • Get your partner or anyone to massage you. Yes, the pain is coming...the lower back pain. Keep the pain at bay.

0 comments:

Post a Comment